Careers in Human Services
Social work is most commonly associated with human services, but this field encompasses a long list of careers, each with its own distinct approach, philosophy, and clientel. The first step in determining which path is right for you is to consider who you want to help (minorities, children, women, elderly, military, disabled, LGBTQ+), the area on which you want to focus (substance abuse, PTSD, physical abuse, disaster relief, poverty, urban, rural), and the ways in which you want to help people (mentally, emotionally, physically). Understanding where your passion lies will help you narrow down your career options. To learn more about specific careers in human services, scroll down to the list below.
- The Most Affordable Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Human Services
- The Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Social Work Programs
- The Best Online Master’s in Social Work Programs
- The Best Online Master’s in Counseling Programs
- The Most Affordable Master’s in Counseling Programs by State
- Opening The Doors With a Degree in Psychology