Social Work Licensure in Nebraska
Find Education Requirements in Nebraska for one of the following:
Nebraska is most famous for its incredible corn production. However, Nebraska has a history dating back to 1867. Many of its inhabitants are deceased from people who began moving west during the California gold rush. Not only is Nebraska part of the heartland and owning a rich history, but it is also a great state to start your licensed Social Work career in. It is important to remember that there can always be updates or changes to a state’s rules and regulations. Remember, that the best way to stay informed with current regulations is the state’s website on licensure. Here is the website for the State of Nebraska:
There are two different kinds of social work licenses in Nebraska: Certified Social Worker (LSW) and Master Certified Social Worker (MCSW).
Do you know your education options? Begin or continue a degree – AS, BS, MSW, MS, PhD, Cert. Online and campus locations. Know your degree choices!
- Featured CSWE Accredited Social Work Programs | Explore MSW Education Options
- * University of Denver's top-20 school of Social Work - Master of Social Work. No GRE required.
- * Fordham University - Master of Social Work Online. Traditional and advanced standing programs available.
- * USC University of Southern California – School of Social Work - Top-Ranked Master of Social Work Online.
- * Case Western Reserve University - Earn your master’s in social work online at CWRU in as little as two and a half years. Bachelor’s degree required.
- * Baylor University - Master of Social Work online program. No GRE required.
- * Simmons School of Social Work - Master of Social Work Online. Offers full-time, part-time, accelerated, and advanced standing tracks.
- * Northwestern University - Online Master's in Counseling. CACREP accredited.
- * NYU Steinhardt - Online Master of Arts in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness. Complete in 21 months.
- * Capella University - Online Master of Social Work
- * Our Lady of the Lake University - Online Master of Social Work
Certified Social Worker (CSW)
- If you wish to attain the title Certified Social Worker (CSW) in Nebraska, you must first get a Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work degree from a Council on Social Work Education accredited university or college.
- There is no exam requirement for licensure in the state of Nebraska.
- To renew your license, you must have successfully completed 32 contact hours of continuing education.
- Learn about Nebraska Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW)
Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW)
- If you wish to attain the title Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW) in Nebraska, you must first get a Master of Social Work or Doctorate of Social Work degree from a Council on Social Work Education accredited university or college.
- To apply for your license you will first need to accumulate 3,000 supervised hours of experience after graduation under the supervision of a Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW).
- Finally, you must pass the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Advanced Generalist or Clinical Examinations. In either case, you must earn at least a 75 or higher on your exam to qualify for licensure in Nebraska.
- Once you pass the test you will be eligible to receive your new title of Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker in the state of Nebraska.
- To renew your license, you must have successfully completed 40 contact hours of continuing education.