Substance Abuse Counseling Certification in Georgia
Georgia has many different levels of certification as offered through the Alcohol Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia a non-governmental body. The three primary levels of certification are called Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor I (CADC-I), Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor II (CADC-II) and the Certified Advanced Alcohol Drug Counselor (CAADC).
Are you interested to learn about Addiction and Substance Counseling education? See schools both local and online who educate to further become a counselor or other type of professional in related career fields. You can request information, with no obligation, to begin or continue a degree program.
<!- mfunc search_btn -><!- /mfunc search_btn ->
<!- mfunc feat_school ->
<!- /mfunc feat_school ->
George Mason University
Featured Program: George Mason’s online MPS in Applied Industrial and Organizational Psychology delivers the research-backed methods and understanding of data analytics HR and business professionals need to foster a culture of innovation — where each employee feels empowered and motivated to contribute new ideas, ignite change, and do their best work every day.
Grand Canyon University
- High school Diploma or GED for CADC-I
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling or closely related field for CADC-II
- Master’s degree in Counseling or closely related field for CAADC.
- Three years or 6,000 hours of supervised experience in AD counseling.
- If you have your Bachelor’s degree you will need 4,000 hours of AD counseling.
- You will need 270 hours of education in ICRC/AODA related courses that are composed of the 12 Core Functions: Screening; Intake; Orientation; Assessment; Treatment Planning; Counseling; Case Management; Crisis Intervention; Client Education; Referral; Reports and Record Keeping; Consultation.
- You are recommended to have one hour of direct supervision for every ten hours of experience.
- You are required to have a minimum of 300 hours of supervision which must include ten hours in each of the 12 Core Functions outlined above.
- You will need three letters of professional recommendation.
- You must sign the ADACB-Ga Code of Ethics.
- You must pass examinations administered by the ADACB-Ga.
- Fill out the application for CADC-I, CADC-II and CAADC by clicking here.