Substance Abuse Counseling Certification in Georgia
Georgia has many different levels of certification as offered through the Alcohol Drug Abuse Certification Board of Georgia a non-governmental body. The three primary levels of certification are called Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor I (CADC-I), Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor II (CADC-II) and the Certified Advanced Alcohol Drug Counselor (CAADC).
Are you interested to learn about Addiction and Substance Counseling? Take the opportunity to learn about dedicated programs. Request free information to begin or continue a degree program.
Contact Capella University about the Online Master of Science in Addiction Studies. Other related programs offered are Bachelor's in Psychology, Post-Bacc Certificate in Addictive Behavior, PhD in Addiction Psychology and more. Master in Addiction Studies (CACREP Accredited) combines course work, residency, and fieldwork, dedicated to deliver skill and knowledge to counsel individuals struggling with or affected by addictions. Request Information Here.
- High school Diploma or GED for CADC-I
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling or closely related field for CADC-II
- Master’s degree in Counseling or closely related field for CAADC.
- Three years or 6,000 hours of supervised experience in AD counseling.
- If you have your Bachelor’s degree you will need 4,000 hours of AD counseling.
- You will need 270 hours of education in ICRC/AODA related courses that are composed of the 12 Core Functions: Screening; Intake; Orientation; Assessment; Treatment Planning; Counseling; Case Management; Crisis Intervention; Client Education; Referral; Reports and Record Keeping; Consultation.
- You are recommended to have one hour of direct supervision for every ten hours of experience.
- You are required to have a minimum of 300 hours of supervision which must include ten hours in each of the 12 Core Functions outlined above.
- You will need three letters of professional recommendation.
- You must sign the ADACB-Ga Code of Ethics.
- You must pass examinations administered by the ADACB-Ga.
- Fill out the application for CADC-I, CADC-II and CAADC by clicking here.