Substance Abuse Counseling Certification in Washington
There are two levels of certification in Washington State for Substance Abuse Counselors. The first level of certification is a training level certification required to accumulate the necessary experience for full certification. This is known as the Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (CDPT). The full level of certification after one has acquired the necessary experience and passed the required examinations is known as the Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP).
Are you interested to learn about Addiction and Substance Counseling? Take the opportunity to learn about dedicated programs. Request free information to begin or continue a degree program.
Contact Capella University about the Online Master of Science in Addiction Studies. Other related programs offered are Bachelor's in Psychology, Post-Bacc Certificate in Addictive Behavior, PhD in Addiction Psychology and more. Master in Addiction Studies (CACREP Accredited) combines course work, residency, and fieldwork, dedicated to deliver skill and knowledge to counsel individuals struggling with or affected by addictions. Request Information Here.
- Possess a High school Diploma or GED.
- Pass a Criminal Background check.
- Provide proof of current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program for Chemical Dependency Counseling.
- Provide proof of current or pending employment as a Chemical Dependency Trainee.
- Provide proof of four hours of AIDS transmission related training.
- You can find the application for the CDPT title here.