Social Work Licensure in Indiana
- Find Education Requirements in Indiana for one of the following:
Home to the Indianapolis 500, the legendary Hoosiers college basketball team and a rich and glorious history, Indiana is part of the heartland of America. With a history that stretches back into colonial times, Indiana has seen tremendous changes since its inclusion in the union in 1816. Indiana is a great state to begin one’s career as a Licensed Social Worker. It is important to check in with each state’s Social Work board to get accurate and up to date information on the states licensing process. Here is the website for the State of Indiana:
The following programs require a Bachelors Degree. If you are seeking a Bachelors Degree or a tailored Graduate Degree use the green button to exact match a program in social work or related education fields.
* USC: Complete the advanced standing program available to earn an MSW degree in under 1 year, GRE Not Required. Learn more about the MSW from University of Southern California Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. Request Information Here!
* SocialWork@Simmons: Complete theOnline Masters of Social Work in as Little as 15 Months. GRE Not Required. Apply Today!
Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- If you wish to attain the title Licensed Social Worker (LSW) in Indiana, you must first get a Master of Social Work degree from a Council on Social Work Education accredited university or college.
- You must apply for your license and pass a criminal background check. You then need to receive a passing score on an Association of Social Workers ASWB Master's Level / Intermediate Exam. You must also pass the State’s jurisprudence examination.
- You can also apply to become a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) with just a Bachelor of Social Work. However, you must also provide proof of at least three thousand (3,000) hours of post-baccalaureate degree experience in a supervised professional setting. The supervisor must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Congratulations, you are now a Licensed Social Worker in the state of Indiana.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- If you wish to hold the title of Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Indiana, you must first get a Master or Doctorate of Social Work degree from a Council on Social Work Education accredited university or college.
- You must provide verification of at least two thousand (2,000) hours of experience in counseling of clients in a clinical setting within a five (5) year period of time. The experience must be post-baccalaureate, paid, and supervised to qualify as experience. You must also pass the State’s jurisprudence examination.
- Once you have completed and sent in your application you may apply with the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) for their Clinical Level test. Once you pass the test you will be eligible to receive your new title of Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Indiana.